Figure 4® Rigid White is a production-grade opaque white material that provides long-term environmental stability and long-lasting, clean white colour. This material is recommended for use in medical, consumer goods, and industrial manufacturing applications, and other applications where a smooth surface finish, long-term indoor and outdoor stability, and biocompatible capability are needed.
This resin exhibits thermoplastic behaviour with necking at break, making it ideal for snap-fit applications. It also features 65°C heat deflection temperature and high elongation at break. Fast print speeds and simplified post-processing enable exceptional throughput.
- Handles and fixtures for medical applications that require biocompatibility
- Electronics enclosures and small components or parts for devices
- Motor housings, covers, guards, snap-fit parts, jigs, fixtures, and other functional prototyping and low volume production parts
- Good long-term environmental stability measured out to 8 years indoor and 2 years outdoor
- Clean, long-lasting, opaque white colour
- Fast throughput to finished part; no secondary thermal cure required
- Excellent surface quality, accuracy, and repeatability
- Thermoplastic behaviour with necking at break
- 65°C heat deflection temperature
- 20% elongation at break
- Flexural modulus of 2200MPa
- Biocompatible-capable per ISO10993-5 and ISO10993-10
- UL94 HB flammability
- Print speeds up to 47 mm/hr at 50-micron layer thickness
- Enables printing of larger, thicker geometries in Premium Plus mode
The full suite of mechanical properties is given per ASTM and ISO standards where applicable. All parts are conditioned per ASTM recommended standards for a minimum of 40 hours at 23 °C, 50% RH. Material properties include physical and mechanical properties, as well as thermal, UL flammability, and electrical (dielectric strength, dielectric constant, dissipation factor, and volume resistivity).
Figure 4 technology prints parts that are isotropic in mechanical properties meaning the parts printed along either the XYZ axis will give similar results. Parts do not need to be oriented to get the highest mechanical properties, improving the degree of freedom for part orientation for mechanical properties.