Figure 4 Tough Clear delivers long-term stability and a versatile combination of mechanical properties for functional prototyping or end-use parts. It offers high light transmission that can be made fully transparent with post-processing.
3D printing clear components is a cost-effective manufacturing process for product development. Get visibility into the workings of complex
assemblies, observe gas or fluid flows and reduce product design cycles. Figure 4 Tough Clear introduces long-term stability which minimizes reprints due to resistance to discoloration or yellowing up to 8 years indoors.
- End-use manufacturing of high volume, small plastic parts
- Load-bearing handles, cranks, knobs, and levers
- Structural brackets, snap-fits, and fasteners
- Lighting covers, cases, and reflectors
- Lenses and light guides
- Fast-moving consumer goods and consumer packaging
- Excellent clarity that can be further improved with post-processing steps like clear coating
- Long-term environmental stability of mechanical properties and performance
- Ability to go from prototype to production parts using clear or transparent aesthetics
- Prototypes have longer lives and can be reused for longer periods of time
- Supports functional testing in outdoor settings
- Automotive fluid and chemical compatibility